Growing Our Way Out of the Fiscal Crisis
The Government of Puerto Rico is undergoing a court-supervised process (Title III of PROMESA) to adjust its debts in order to achieve a sustainable level that is not an undue burden on the government or on the island’s economy and the development of the private sector.
- Puerto Rico continues the process of attracting investment capital, drawing visitors and new residents to the island, promoting exports of goods and services, and nurturing its innovative entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- The Department of Economic Development and Commerce (DEDC) and the Puerto Rico Industrial Development Company (PRIDCO) are committed to honoring all agreements signed before and after the Title III filing, including tax grants and other incentives, within the parameters of the certified fiscal plan.
- The Government of Puerto Rico is conducting a comprehensive review of all incentives to create a new Incentives Code and reallocate resources from those that do not produce a return on investment for Puerto Rico to those that do.
- We stand for open communication and transparency and will answer all of your questions and concerns.
- Puerto Rico is still open for business and will soon emerge, strengthened and renewed!